Wednesday, August 26, 2009

"Time sure moves slowly when you're waiting for something!"

This is what my 12 yr old son announced to me yesterday after checking the mailbox for the 4th time to see if his new school schedule came!

The poor kid has been waiting so patiently. All his friends got their schedules last week, but since we moved (again), we missed the mailing out of schedules & change of address by a couple of hours!

Well, it finally came today! He is starting middle school with new teachers and lots of classes...and the same school his sister just graduated from! I have to say, my daughter was well-known there. Not for anything bad, she just has this presence that people seem to gravitate towards. It is something I in awe over & have always admired about her. I remember having to go to the school on her 2nd day to drop some papers off and people already knew her by name!

My son and I are more quiet. It takes awhile to come out of our shell & make our presence known!

Of course, my daughter has to look over his shoulder as he is reading his schedule!

"Oh, I had her and he was my gym teacher and I know her....."

The only thing my son kept asking was "Are they nice?"

I had to laugh. I told him that anytime a teacher asked if he has an older sister, he should deny it!

He thought about this awhile and the next time my daughter annouced that she knew his teacher, he started to ask

"Is she nice.....wait, did she LIKE YOU?!"

Younger brother playing it safe under older sister's legacy!!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy remembering my old grade, junior high, and high school days. mark

    ReplyDelete